miércoles, 15 de marzo de 2017


New post on Journal of Buddhist Ethics


The Good in Aristotle and Early Buddhism
by buddhistethics

ISSN 1076-9005
Volume 24, 2017
On the Good in Aristotle and Early Buddhism: A Response to Abraham Vélez
Damien Keown
University of London, Goldsmiths
In an earlier publication I compared Aristotelian and Buddhist concepts of the consummate good. Abraham Vélez de Cea has claimed I misrepresent the nature of the good by restricting it to certain psychic states and excluding a range of other goods acknowledged by Aristotle and the Buddha. My aim here is to show that my understanding of the good is not the narrow one Vélez suggests. The article concludes with some observations on the relationship between moral and non-moral good in Buddhism.
Read article
buddhistethics | March 11, 2017 at 12:17 pm | Tags: Aristotle, virtue ethics | Categories: Volume 24 2017 | URL: http://wp.me/p5X8HA-16U